Wednesday, March 2, 2011

*Ahem*

Obviously, progress is not what it should be. I have concluded that I think my stories chronologically, which is why I get into trouble trying to skip around to the easy writing parts and fill in the stuff that requires effort later. This would probably be okay if I was writing prose and could use freeform structure. But I'm not, so it's probably a big setback. And through the course of all my screenwriting classes, I have noticed that I suck at features and my really great ideas work best as shorts. So basically, though taking this class is necessary and really important for me...it's kind of like getting my wisdom teeth out. And I mean that in a specific way, because mine were not going to be impacted, but they had weak mottled enamel and would be a problem later on, and my mouth hurt for two weeks, even with Percocet and 800 mg Motrin at the same time. So, this class is important, and screenwriting in general is a huge deal to me, because if I hadn't picked something usually fun, my dad would have made me study some kind of engineering thing, but the class is also something that has become not fun.

And have I mentioned I wasn't even good at revising term papers in high school?

No comments:

Post a Comment