Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This is not working for me.

I seem to be spending most of my time alone crying or trying not to cry (and who can write with people all around?). And I don't think that it's necessarily a closeness to my script that puts my mood in the way of working on it. It's just not easy to think and write funny when one is close to crying most of the time. The script is plenty different from the self kernel I made it out of, and it doesn't feel like it's my arm or leg or anything like that. It's just not self-propelling enough to only be possible as one genre, the rom com I want. I'm very good at making people think I'm happy or content in-person. Perhaps what I need is someone in the room with me while I write whom I feel compelled to act happy for. Maybe if I could put on my happy act while I write, I could keep it aimed at the genre I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment