Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big giant confession about procrastination...

So... we all know that I suddenly started to pretty much ignore the deadlines from halfway through the term  and on... I have concluded that part of this is because my rewrite thus far is about 90% completely new material. I'm not really doing a revision here, in my opinion, I am writing a completely new script that just happens to have lots of similarities to the old one. That said, now that I'm eating junk food, guzzling Pepsi like it's water, and my primary emotion is being upset with my mother instead of all mopey and trying not to cry, progress is going MUCH better than it has been. In the past two or three days I have doubled the material I've written for this draft. Unfortunately, it's not long enough to pretend it's finished yet. I am rapidly fixing that, but I ran out of Doritos tonight, and the my ideas ran dry, and even placebo is enough to connect the two, so I'm buying more chips tomorrow and writing the entire time I'm not driving to/from or taking my Philosophy exam. I'm really glad the exam is open note and book, otherwise I'd have lost writing time reviewing the major names and stuff like that. Anyway, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment