Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I think Elizabeth hates me back.

With the major changes planned for my script, I thought it might be best to write a full short story version of my script, something around 20 pages maybe. I've decided Elizabeth hates me back because every time I sit down with a notebook or computer to work on her story, it's so hard to nail her down. She's slippery, and she's reserved so she doesn't even want me understanding her, but I keep trying. She's stealing my pens.

Jennelle's pretty easy to work with because I hadn't fleshed her out that well in the first draft. Hannah's at least fun, if a little crazy. Of the two main guys, Marco already has more behind his actions, and I'm a little iffy on what's inside Davin's head. I don't really know any guys who would have or would admit to having a secret desire to break things off with a gorgeous woman for a plainer woman with a more interesting mind. Okay, I know one who would say that; he dumped me a year ago and is currently seeking out NSA sex with the hottest girls who will sleep with him, which has apparently been a fair number despite the fact he's overweight and his an inflated esteem for his own intelligence and opinions. I don't think I can fill out Davin's personality based on my ex, because that would change his character way too much.

So, Elizabeth doesn't want to be understood, and I have little basis for trying to understand Davin either. At least I have a few people to think of as piecemeal models for Elizabeth.

I'm beginning to think that psychology would be the best thing to have minored in while in a screenwriting program.

No comments:

Post a Comment