Sunday, November 14, 2010

Elizabeth's Confidante, pt 2

Okay, I cut Elizabeth down to one sister. Hannah is more socially outgoing than Elizabeth and probably prettier, but in a cute way that should be hard to hate or be consciously jealous of. I didn't exactly give her a smart sounding voice, but I think there's still room in her characterization for her to have a tiny edge over her sister's academic achievement. I wrote her younger, young enough that growing up Elizabeth probably had to look after her for several years and wait for Hannah to catch up. That kind of history can put a strain on siblings, and I'm hoping Elizabeth comes off as the type to downplay and hide that strain, but it's probably still there a little.

If she doesn't, tell me, let's make notes, and then I have concrete things to fix next term. I really need to be keeping a legit record of the notes and advice I receive on each section of script so I know exactly what's most important to change next term, although changing those things will invariably change billions of tiny things throughout the script, it would nice to know what major things were most bothersome in this very first version of things.

1 comment: